Thursday, September 15, 2011

Glitter on the Brain

I'm just going to come right out and say it... I made three projects this week specifically for a chance at winning some Krylon Glitter Blast paint from Tatertots and Jello (one of my very favorite blogs). The requirements include glitter, so of course I was all over it. What can I say?... my cheerleader-pageantess-girly self can't resist anything sparkly. So bring on the twinkle!

I lost my keys a month ago, including the sweet keychain my six-year-old daughter made for me. Ever since, I've been sporting a LAME jump ring with three boring keys on it. Boo. So...I made myself some cute keyring charms.


I started with chipboard tags and used Mod Podge to adhere glitter and scrapbook paper to them. Once dry, I applied a little vinyl star and gave both tags a healthy dose Glossy Accents to give them an epoxy-like shine. I stuck a few rhinestones in the gloss and let them dry overnight. A few jump rings later, I can't wait to show off my new keys!

...And here's hoping I win the rockin' giveaway. I definitely need more glitter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment