Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Goldfish Got Nothin' on my Wheat Cheese Crackers

I've seen three recipes for Goldfish-like cheese crackers in the past week. I think thats a sign! Since Goldfish are my favorite crackers, I decided to try them with my own spin and they turned out to be very tasty! They were gobbled up before I could snap a photo, and I even stole some from the kids' pile because they were so yummy. Give 'em a whirl!

Whole Wheat Cheddar Crackers

4 T cold butter
2/3 c whole wheat flour
6 oz (1 1/2 c) cold shredded cheddar cheese
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt

Heat oven to 350F. Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until combined. Dough should make a ball around the blade.

Dump dough onto a sheet of waxed paper. Form into a disc, cover with another sheet of waxed paper, and roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Do not remove waxed paper and place in the freezer for five to ten minutes.

Remove from freezer and peel off top layer of waxed paper. Use a small cookie cutter to cut crackers (or just run a sharp knife across dough in a grid pattern); occasionally dip the cutter in flour to ensure a clean cut. If dough becomes too soft, return to freezer for a few minutes.

Place cut-outs on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until edges are just golden-brown. Cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment