Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Wild West, Mountain Men, and Fashion Inspiration, Part 2

If you read Part 1 of this series, you'll know that I currently have Utah history on the brain.  Here's another look from my mini-collection inspired by the Wild West, Utah's mining industry, and the beautiful mountains that surround my home here in the Beehive State.
You may recognize this lace; it's from the same Gunne Sax dress that I used to make a a skirt for myself.  You know me...if I can recycle, I will recycle! I am really excited about the combination of knife pleats and box pleats in this look.
The diagonal darts as well as the selvage edge trim turned out really well, I think; I love the way all the different lines work together to form some fascinating detail and were inspired by Stewart Falls, one of my favorite hiking stops along the Mt. Timpanogos summit trail here in Utah.

The very best part of this ensemble is that it cost me a whopping $3.75 since the lace was free (found in my mom's basement) and the stretch denim for the top was a remnant (and I used a coupon for extra savings). Ah, bargains...you complete me.

Stay tuned for one more installment in this series and have a wonderful day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment