Monday, May 30, 2011

Patriotic Panache










Remember this? I was in love with pom pom trim in the early '80s, and I could barely contain my excitement the other day when I saw a skirt edged with the delightful stuff at a swanky children's boutique. I snatched up some red trim and found the perfect glitzy, but not too glitzy fabric for two patriotic ensembles for my daughters.









I used the Warhol Dress pattern from Made to make the top and the Simple Skirt tutorial from Made as well. What can I say...Dana always has amazing tutorials!









I used the same tutorial for this top, but instead of sewing a long strip of fabric across the top, I made an oval that overlapped itself on one side. I lined it and added two pearl snaps so it's easy for my daughter to dress herself. I tucked the red fabric inside and top stitched all the way around. I was leery to try this neckline at first, but it was easier than I thought. I love how it turned out!

I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day. Aren't we lucky to have brave, unselfish people who are willing to serve America and risk their lives to protect ours? Thank you, veterans, for sacrificing so much. God bless America!

This post is linked to Delicate Construction and Tatertots and Jello.

1 comment:

  1. I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

    Come strut your stuff.

    ReplyDelete